What is VoIP?
VoIP (voice over IP) is a term for a set of facilities used to manage the delivery of voice information over the Internet. VoIP involves sending voice information in digital form in packets rather than by using the traditional public switched telephone network. A major advantage, among the many, of VoIP with Pink-IP is that you can avoids the tolls charged by ordinary telephone service.
- Per second billing from the 1st second
- Inter-branch calls are free
- Communication across networks is managed end-to-end
- Excellent voice performance that adheres to strict RFC and industry standards
- Interconnected with all PSTN’s and Mobile Operators
- Networked managed on IMS Platform
- Predictable ICT expenditure with access to an on-line billing platform
- Session Border Control and Closed SIP environment
- QoS managed at the network level
- Customized and tailored VoIP solutions to best suit your business needs
BENEFITS of Pink VoIP
- Cost savings by terminating inter-branch calls at no cost.
- Reduces call charges associated with national, international fixed line and mobile minutes.
- Predictable ICT expenditure with access to Pink’s on-line billing platform.
- Session Border Control and Closed SIP environment secures communication platform
- IP Tunnelling is managed at the network level assuring voice priority and QoS
- Pre-paid and post paid billing
See how Pink-IP is transforming the way people communicate
Please note, if you select an extension other than 087 you may be required to provide proof of address in the respective area (ie. 012 – Pretoria or 021 - Cape Town)